is manual lymph drainage effective

A sedentary life, a job in which you spend many hours sitting or inadequate nutrition, can cause our body to accumulate toxins and produce edema by fluid retention that prevents the body to be debugged. To solve this problem, lymphatic drainage was devised, a massage technique that favors the circulation of lymph through slow, smooth and precise movements. Find out what lymphatic drainage is and how to make the most of it.

Look at AXA Health Keeper for advice from our professionals. They’re here to help you. You can check in here.

2010/02/is-manual-lymph-drainage-effective.html

What is the lymphatic system?

The lymphatic system is a complex system of vessels that run parallel to the blood vessels and carry a yellowish liquid called lymph. Lymph is a liquid made up of water and proteins that have passed from the bloodstream, fats, waste products of cells and lymphocytes. The lymph seeps into the ganglia (neck, groin, armpits…) and returns to the general circulation. From the blood capillaries, the lymph leaves the interstitial tissue and under normal conditions 90% is reabsorbed by the same capillaries and the rest, 10%, is removed through the lymph vessels.

When the system is congested, the lymph nodes cannot purify the lymph and edema or swelling occurs. Lymphatic drainage is recommended in these cases to improve the flow and promote the elimination of toxins.

What is lymphatic drainage? When is it indicated?

Lymphatic drainage consists of a slow and repetitive massage, with a specific direction following the direction of the lymphatic vessels and stimulating cleaning. It is recommended in :

  • Oedema in the lower extremities following surgery or for people in bed or during pregnancy.
  • Varicose veins.
  • Cellulite.
  • Hypertension.
  • Premenstrual syndrome.
  • Tired, swollen legs.
  • Oedema due to kidney or liver problems or joint deformities in severe cases of arthritis and osteoarthritis.
  • In situations of anxiety and stress.

What is lymphatic drainage? When is it indicated?

Benefits of lymphatic drainage

  • Eliminates toxins.
  • It regulates the body’s fluids.
  • Improved return circulation.
  • Increase the defenses.
  • It controls blood pressure.
  • Improved lymphatic circulation and renal function.
  • This type of massage should be done by a professional who knows these techniques. Ask him if you have doubts about whether or not to use it. Remember that it is not indicated if you suffer:
  • Acute infections and inflammations.
  • Thrombophlebitis and heart failure problems.
  • Hyperthyroidism.
  • Chronic hypotension.
  • Cancer in the acute phase.

It is important that to avoid the effects of the drainage disappear quickly to avoid tobacco. Maximum if you do some sport. You know they’re incompatible.